Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


We had a lot of things happen to us these past few weeks. It's the season for birthdays. Shawn celebrated his 33rd birthday in late January and Franny celebrated her birthday Jan. 31. I celebrated my 32nd birthday this past Tuesday, and the girls were busy celebrating Valentine's Day.

Both had parties at their school, and Peyton's class go to see the stage version of Peter Pan. She had a great time watching everyone fly and especially loved the mermaids, including "Sundrop."

It's also been a sad month. My grandmother, my father's mother, passed away this week in the hospital. Shawn and I visited her on my birthday, just one day before she died. Peyton and Emily went to see her at Christmas and last week at the hospital. During both visits, the girls made her laugh and hopefully brought her joy. Both girls went with us to the funeral and were so brave.

1 comment:

Smith family said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Your family is in our prayers.

Followers